Sky Impact | VP of Event Planning
The VP of Event Planning will lead the development of Sky Ventures events by spearheading the brainstorming and planning of these events. Will also work collaborate with other leadership to secure marketing materials, venues and other materials needed for events.
More than someone with lots of experience, we are looking for someone willing to learn and bring passion to this position.
Lead the creative development of Sky Ventures events, as well as the identification of necessary resources
- With regard to the information or topics of concern for Sky Ventures events, develop innovative and engaging formats facilitating an educational as well as an enjoyable experience
Collaborate with VP of Operations regarding the resources necessary for Sky Ventures meetings and events
- Identify speakers and guests having expertise relevant to the topics to be discussed at events
- Identify venues (both on campus and off) appropriate for Sky Ventures meetings and events
- Identify and select available catering options (when appropriate) for Sky Ventures meetings and events
Collaborate with VP of Social Media to identify content appropriate for promoting Sky Ventures meetings and events
- Review completed work to ensure it represents Sky Ventures accurately
Sharpen pre-existing skills, or develop new ones
Develop understanding and ability of managing resources, collaborate with other parties, and effectively reach an audience
5-7 Hours a week of work (3 hours required in person)
- Mentorship from successful professionals in the fields of Venture, Entrepreneurship, and Marketing
- Workspace at the SC4E, 36N and our upcoming co-working space
You are not required to have previous experience or meet all the qualifications of the job description at this time.
We will be training and equipping every student executive to perform their positions.